Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toile_gw

hard to find cleaners, shopping list?

toile
15 years ago

I was wondering if anyone here could help me compile a list.

I am attempting to buy the hard to find cleaning products that I have read on this list.

I had a long note from here but lost it.

My husband bought me some of my dream cookware and need Bon Ami to clean them. I am traveling to a store about 40 min from here to get it and want to peek around and their other cleaners.

The store owner can also order me anything I need also.

Do any "hard to find" cleaners come to mind that you love?

Thanks if you can help!

Comments (8)

• sheilajoyce_gw
    15 years ago

X-14 Mildew Remover. They also make a soap scum remover, but this is the strongest bathroom mildew remover I have found.

• kathleenca
    15 years ago

toile, I can find Bon Ami & Bar Keeper's Friend at the chain market. These brands are usually on the bottorm shelf - probably because they don't pay as much as the big brands to be at eye level.

I have had good luck finding various cleaning products at hardware stores, especially the independent ones. And, I don't know about Home Depot, but here in southern California, OSH carries a very good selection of cleaning supplies.

• stir_fryi SE Mich
    15 years ago

I too find Bon Ami hard to find. I used to get it at Damon's Hardware but they all closed.

I love, love, love Sprayway glass cleaner. Walmart used to have but does not now. I recently found it at ACE Hardware but not as cheap.

• ebear1271
    15 years ago

I use Earth Friendly Products and Seventh Generation so they're usually REALLY hard to find. Amazon has them in bulk. I figured it out and it saves money to buy from Amazon, if you spend enough delivery is usually free, and I can get all of my stuff. Some of our all-natural stores around here have some stuff but it's usually cheaper on Amazon, plus I don't have to go to 2 or 3 different stores to get everything!

• mboston_gw
    15 years ago

I love Jubilee Wax. Remember the formica kitchen tables of the 60's? My Mom used it on our table and you slid the salt shaker across like a hockey puck! I use it on my counter in my bathroom. Helps make it shine. We get a buildup of hairspray on it (DH uses way too much!). I haven't bought it in some time but Ace Hardware used to have it.

• jannie
    15 years ago

Fels Naptha Bar Soap. The greatest laundry stain remover ever.

• kathleenca
    15 years ago

Hi mboston,

I'm also a Jubilee Wax fan, & use it on the bathroom & kitchen tiles & faucets. The cream is no longer available, but there is still a spray. I buy it from the manufacturer, SC Johnson. Their Web site says:

"Having trouble locating a favorite SC Johnson product? Our Mail Order service carries a variety of items that may be hard to find and we'll ship them to any address in the United States. We even have a couple favorites that are no longer available in stores!

For products you're looking for, call 800-848-2588 to check product availability and pricing or place an order. Monday - Friday, 8 am - 6 pm CT.

Note: Prices are subject to change without notice. Featured products available while supplies last. We offer a 5% discount on full case orders; case price below reflects discount."

Kathleen

Here is a link that might be useful: SC Johnson

• bhevv
    15 years ago

We're making our own home cleaner, it's natural, safe than those commercial cleaners and one benefit you can save money.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ferienhaus Mallorca

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company