Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning with electrolyzed water

Posted by kathleenca (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 23, 09 at 13:48

Today's Los Angeles Times has an article on cleaning with electrolyzed water - without other cleaners or chemicals:

Simple Elixir Called a 'Miracle Liquid'
Electrolyzed water cleans, degreases -- and treats athlete's foot. The solution is replacing toxic chemicals.

The down sides are:
- the machine that electrolyses the water is about $700, which puts it out of the realm for many households, and
- the water cannot be stored for long periods - the electrolyzing wears off, which eliminates it being a commercial product at this time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleaning with electrolyzed water

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning with electrolyzed water

The machine that electrolyses the water can be powered with Cold fusion.

o

Sounds very promising to me. Hopefully, it's just a matter of time before the smart folks figure out a way to extend shelf life and/or produce affordable machines for homeowners. Then we can replace all the potent/toxic cleaners we have around the house as well as many (not all) of those so-called "green cleaners" that may be green but don't clean worth a hoot.

o

pretty interesting, first time I ever heard of this. Thanks for posting the link. I tip my hat to the hotel who went through this expense to keep it clean and healthy. They did say they spent 12 grand. Besides the cost of this unit, I am sure the plumbing costs to have it installed are high as well...not so household friendly at this time. I am sure down the road some one will simplify this method.

I use charged water to clean. I am not sure if you saw the post about Lotus water, but it is a method where you clean with oxygenated water, as to salt water. (more affordable too) ..here is the link , the site has lots of info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lotus Water

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here