Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stain Solver oxygen bleach question

Posted by polie (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 12 at 10:17

For those of you who have used Stain Solver oxygen bleach or another similar oxygen bleach product, can it get rid of mold/mildew in the shower grout? the silicone between the bathtub and the start of the tile? (If yes, I suppose I have to get a spray bottle. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stain Solver oxygen bleach question

In theory....yes...in practice...no. Clorox works better.

o
RE: Stain Solver oxygen bleach question

I'm trying to avoid fumes right now, so that's a good idea. Oxygen bleach needs to be fresh (stored airtight, so it hasn't absorbed any moisture) and hot to work best. At least the hottest tap temp (130), but even better to heat the water additionally.

The things is, both bleaches (chlorine and oxygen) also take time to work their best, and I don't think the thin liquid will cling to the mildew in the shower long enough to be effective. That's why thickened bleach in Clorox bleach pens are good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here