Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoover Spot Bot for Pet Stains?

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 10:11

We have three pets, two cats and a dog. "Somebody" has been urinating on my family room (basement) carpet every night. I'm getting tired of cleaning up. A friend with pets has a Hoover Spot Bot she really likes for pet messes. I'm wondering now, does anybody here have one? Any opinions? If I buy one, I'll try to get used/refurbished.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoover Spot Bot for Pet Stains?

A friend of mine had a Spot Bot and loved it.

I use Nature's Miracle on my dog urine spots.

o

I found out the product is called the Bissell Spot Bot, though Hoover makes a similar spot cleaner. I found on-line reviews on both, but I'm still on the fence.

o

I hope you figure out which pet and get them to the vet for urinary tract disease treatment... if you don't figure it out, take all 3 to the vet for urinalysis.

Getting urine out of carpet can be difficult, you need to really soak the area with an enzyme cleaner that neutralizes urine. Otherwise the pet may smell the urine and keep returning. Can you close the door to that room and/or cover the spot in the meantime?

o

I have a Spot Bot and love it, I typically do not care for Bissell products but the Spot Bot works very well. Naturally, you will want to clean any "accidents" asap, but I find that I use the set-in stain mode even for fresh spots. If the surrounding carpet is a bit dingy, however, the newly cleaned area will more noticeably clean.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here