Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Permanent marker on the bottom of china figurine

Posted by bronwynsmom (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 12, 09 at 9:53

My darling aunt has divided her collection of figurines between her daughters, and in preparation, she wrote their names on the bottoms in either Flair pen or Sharpie or some such thing.
How do they get it off?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Permanent marker on the bottom of china figurine

Generally the bottoms are not completely glazed. My guess is that the markings are permanent.

o

But if they are glazed there, try rubbing alcohol or hair spray.

o

I would try a Mr. Clean magic eraser. However, these are a little abrasive, so you would have to way your options on that one: faint scratches or marker?

o

My son wrote on my dry erase board in permanent marker (Sharpie). A friend said hand sanitizer, such as Purell would take it off. It DID!!! Maybe it was the alcohol in it, I don't know, but I was amazed that it worked. May as well try it!

Tell us if it worked!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here