Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oven, cleaning in between the oven windows

Posted by AnnettaJH (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 9, 12 at 9:05

Does anyone have any trick for cleaning in-between the window panes of an oven. Although my oven is spic and span, I can't get the dust and drips that have sneaked in through the oven door vent and settled in the space between the two sheets of glass. This drives me nuts. The appliance store said there's no way to clean this area without damaging the door unless I call in an appliance repairman. They also said it was a problem with most ovens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oven, cleaning in between the oven windows

There is a great 'classic' thread spanning over 7 years time about this subject. I've linked it below.

Here is the best reply posted:
MY HUSBAND IS THE BOMB!!!! We bought a one year old stove with the same problem of food stuck between the glass, eww it bothered me so here is what he did. He took a bottle type brush (with a longer handle) sprayed a sock with windex, took the oven drawer out of the oven and layed on the floor. In the bottom of the oven door there are holes that he shoved the wand up into and voila the mess is all cleaned up. This can be done several times to wind up with a clear finish. Did I mention my husband is the bomb? :)

Good luck!

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleaning oven door between glass

o

Thanks so much for this information. I can't wait to try it and I will spread the news far and wide if the results are good.

o

Please report back...hopefully with your success story.

o

Has anyone tried using an "air compressor" to blow dust out from between window panes of oven door?

I am thinking about trying the air compressor. The oven door has at least 4 long vents on bottom of door.

The oven needs to be cleaned via cleaning cycle of oven, however, not sure whether the dust between window panes would catch fire or not.

Any thoughts?

o

The oven needs to be cleaned via cleaning cycle of oven, however, not sure whether the dust between window panes would catch fire or not.
I've never seen or noticed any 'dust' between the windows and doubt if there is any fire danger. If there is that much though and you are concerned, I imagine a compressor would likely blow it out fairly well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here