Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I clean these indoor pavers?

Posted by jakabedy (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 8, 10 at 1:03

Our kitchen has flooring made of ca. 1978 glazed pavers. These are solid clay and glazed on the top -- not porous brick pavers. Over the years they have gotten dirty and the grout is a mess. I don't know if there is a sealant coat of some kind on there or not -- probably not. What would you use to clean this well before applying new sealant? And is there a recommended sealant?

We''ve put in new kitchen cabinets and we want to clean and seal the pavers before we put on the end panels and toe kick. What we're working with . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I clean these indoor pavers?

I think you need to take your question to the old house forum. You will probably get better answers there.

I'm thinking you might have to use some outdoor patio cleaner and use a cement sealer afterward. This is only a guess though.

o
RE: How do I clean these indoor pavers?

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here