Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mommabird_gw

Goo Off wipes - awesome!

mommabird
11 years ago

I bought a container of Good Off Wipes. They are amazing. I got latex paint on a cabinet door when I painted the kitchen this summer. It took off the paint without harming the cabinet's finish.

I bought brass fireplace doors at a thrift store. They are beautiful but had candle wax spattered on them. I guess someone thought it was easier to buy new than clean off the wax. I wrapped a wipe around a metal paint scrapper & went over every inch of the doors. It took off the wax and shined up the brass without damage. The doors I paid $14 for look brand new now.

While I was on the fireplace, I also used a wipe around a paint scrapper to go over the hearth. It is glazed quarry tile (dark terra cotta colored like they used in the 40's and 50's). I think when the house was built in 1954 they installed it, then glazed it (if that's possible??) because the grout is also glazed. The Goof Off wipes did an amazing job on the hearth, including the grout. It looks brand new now!

Today I used the wipes to clean my bottom kitchen cabinets. The wood was really dirty and smeared. The wipes took off the dirt and gummy junk without harming the finish.

I wish I'd discovered these wipes years ago, so I wanted to share with all of you. Happy cleaning!

Comment (1)