Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pupwhipped

Anyone have a Vacuflo TurboGrip Universal Hose?

pupwhipped
12 years ago

Just wondering if anyone might have this hose for their central vacuum unit...and also any of the floor brushes that go along with it. If so, do you like it? Do you recommend it? I am moving my current hose, an Imperium brand, down to the basement as the on/off switch on it no longer works. I've never really liked this hose, nor it's floor brush either. I will be buying a new hose and I am looking at the Vacuflo TurboGrip in the link below.

Thanks for any help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Vacuflo bare floor set

Comments (5)

• housefairy
    12 years ago

I have a Vacuflo and that looks like an updated version. It also looks like it has the brushes on the floor tool at different levels. The set out in the garage creates a suction on the concrete. Both sets have the same tools but different hoses. I don't get the suction problem with the floor brush on the hardwood.

Pup are you sure it's your hose and not your wall outlet that is causing the hose not to turn off? Also, there are a couple pins, on my hose, that fit into the outlet that makes the unit turn off/on. I don't know if the hookups are universal or if they are matched by the manufacturer. I would check with the link you have listed, to make sure they will work with your wall outlets, before ordering.

• pupwhipped
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Housefairy. Let me start by saying I ordered my whole system from this Central Vac store four years ago. I got a Beam unit and the hose and attachments were a brand called Imperium. The thing I mostly did not like is that the floor brush did not suck so well on my tile in my kitchen. I don't know why. I had another central vac in another house and I thought the brush that came with it did a better job. Anyway, I've spoken with the people at the CV store and they obviously know what system I have and recommend this Vacuflo brand for my new purchase...so they know what will work as far as the plugs/prongs issue. I just wondered if anyone had this Vacuflo and liked the hose and the floor brushes. It's a bummer not being able to feel, touch or use the items before purchase, but where I live, there are no retailers available.

As far as the old hose not working, my hubby is very handy and has taken it apart to diagnose the problem. It appears to be a short that cannot be fixed. The hose still works if you plug it into the outlets, the on/off switch just won't work. For awhile, sometimes it would work, sometimes not....now, not at all.

Thank you for your response....I was beginning to give up on hearing from anyone. I might cross post to another forum....maybe new home building???

• housefairy
    12 years ago

Pup as stated my floor tool for the garage has a tendency to suck/stick to the floor. I think it is because the brushes on the bottom of the head are too thick and all the same length. However, I don't have that issue with the one in the house. Part of the problem is the one it the garage is a different hose and the wand part isn't adjustable. I think it's not quite at the right length for my height, so it doesn't keep the tool at the proper angle. The hose in the house looks like the one in your picture. Just an older version. It adjusts in one inch increments. On the one you are looking at the brushes (barefloor brush) are higher at the sides and shorter in the middle. So it looks like they may have had other people, with that issue, and redesigned the brush.

Check your brushes on the bottom of your current tool. Just wonder if that is what is creating your dislike of how it works.

My Mother was complaining that her hose on/off was working intermittently. Her issue was she had an actual wall outlet that had to be replaced, it wasn't her hose. That is why I wanted you to check before committing to buying a new hose.

• geguymw
    12 years ago

pupwhipped;

I usually do not trust what someone says in a post, because they do not give enough info. Where is the "short"? Is it in the hose or is it in the switch of the handle? I ask, because the switch and handle can be replaced, if the problem is the switch. Why purchase a whole new hose, if it is just the switch. It will cost less.

As for your floor brush problem, I am not sure what the issue is. Most brushes will do the job, but depends on how it is used. There is no need to purchase a whole attachment set. Find a floor brush you like and use it. Your system uses a standard fitting. I would make sure you find a natural hair floor brush though, for a softer brushing.

• pupwhipped
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Grrrrrr, I was in the middle of a long reply to you, Geguymw, and poof, it was gone.

So now, let me just say, I can't tell you what hubby said about the hose, but it is some kind of short up in the hose that can't be fixed. When I was speaking with the CV store lady about purchasing a new hose, she even said, "oh, if it's a problem in the handle, we have a part for that for around twenty bucks." I put her on the phone with hubby and they agreed the hose cannot be fixed. And it's okay because we were going to put this hose in the basement anyway and it has to be plugged into the CV canister unit. According to hubby, even if the electrical on/off switch was still working on this hose, it would not matter cause that function is not available when you plug it directly into the unit. Clear as mud to you, I'm sure. HA!

Anyway, thank you very much for replying to me. Sorry it took so long for me to follow up.

pup