Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should spray bathroom cleaner be applied to wet or dry surfaces?

Posted by lov2garden (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 16, 10 at 17:46

For a stall shower, should the or bathtub with sliding glass door be wet down or dry when the typical bathroom spray clean is applied (clorox, comet, dow, etc)? I know it's good to let the product sit and work. Does applying it to a wet tile or tub dilute the strength of the cleaner or is there no real difference either way?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should spray bathroom cleaner be applied to wet or dry surfac

I have used Dow/Scrubbing Bubbles spray cleaner for years & never wet the surfaces first, & the label does not say to do so. I would think the cleansing action would be diluted.

o
RE: Should spray bathroom cleaner be applied to a wet or dry surf

P.S. However, I would not wait for a surface to dry before applying the cleaner; I might just use a little more of it.

o

I like to apply Scrubbing Bubbles spray when my bathtub is still wet after I shower. The spray mixes with the film of water in the tub and it seems to work better. Yes, it's diluted but a little cleaner goes a long way. When I use it to clean tile walls, sinks, etc, I spray it on dry. But I seem to use more. Take Kathleen's advice, both ways work.

o

The problem I have with applying products to dry surfaces is that they tend to dry out during the 5 or 10 minute waiting period recommended on the bottle.

o

I think I'll try a combination of all of the advice! I've got a small stall shower to experiment on. I'll let you know how it goes :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here