Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Big Vac

Posted by justjustin (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 19, 09 at 17:15

Does anyone know anything about "The Big Vac" offered by thecleanteam.com ? I can't really find any reviews online and was wondering if anyone had/knew of them.

Justin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Big Vac

These are larger canister vacuum cleaners, that are mainly used in commercial institutions. They are larger than your residential canister vacuum cleaner.

This vacuum has alot of power and filters well. The bags are going to be large.

This vacuum cleaner is made by Nilfisk-Advance. You will find it under different name brands. There is also a metal canister version, that Nilfisk-Advance makes.

o

The Big Vac like said above is made by Advance. It is used mainly for commercial and I think you would find it somewhat bulky to use. If you are looking for a really good canister vacuum for residential use, Miele is really the best option. They are the most user friendly, quite, and best quality vacuum around.

o

I have a "Big Vac" purchased from the Clean Team. I have been using it without any problems since 1997. It is NOT large, nor is it industrial in scope. It is a home vacuum. It has incredible suction and does a very good job. I have had both cats and dogs when owning this vac and it handles the needs of cleaning up after pets pretty well. The bags hold a lot of dirt, dust and debris, before they need changing.

It is an off label of an European manufacturer, so The Clean Team will not say who makes it for them. I am fairly certain it is not a Nilfisk-Advance. The replacement bags that fit this vacuum are very, very similar, if not exactly like some Electrolux vacuum bags.

Good luck with whichever vacuum you choose!

o

Hmm. This thread pops up over two years later. The Big Vac is no longer available.

I am glad that your vacuum has been trouble free from its initial purchase date. This type of vacuum is promoted for commercial use in places like hotels, offices, cleaning services in homes, etc. Under the other brands, they are rated for commercial use. I could be wrong with this nameplate. There are people who purchase and use commercial vacuum cleaners in their home, for different reasons. It is fine to do so. Sometimes,there are features you cannot find on regular vacuum cleaners.

Last time I checked, Nilfisk-Advance was a European company. I think if you understand N-A, and what makes up N-A, you will understand the Big Vac.

o

The Big Vac is available again and is as good as ever. We have sold thousands of them and people love them. It is no bigger than any other residential canister vac that I have seen. The bag holds 2.6 gallons of debris and the vac has three filters to keep the exhaust air clean. Check it out at www.thecleanteam.com

thanks

o

Steve - Did you really find the terms of use for this site that difficult to read and understand? I can't imagine how one could successfully navigate the business world with such a poor grasp of plain, simple English.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here