Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite question for the cleaning gurus

Posted by rozilla (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 18, 10 at 14:38

I was so thrilled with my new granite countertops...until this ugly faded white spot showed up next to my sink. I removed the sealer, and re-sealed, but nope, still there. Only thing I can think of is that a little rust remover might have gotten on there when I was trying to rescue some rusty garden clippers, but my research shows you can use rust remover on granite. Called the place we bought it from, and they have no idea. Anyone here have any thoughts? I want it gone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite question for the cleaning gurus

My GF has a couple of white spots on her bathroom granite. She hasn't found anything to remove them. Maybe someone will answer you with a solution yet!!

o

Someone has to know this. Think hard guys!

o

Ask the natural stone experts. See link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stain Removal

o

Thank you so much, Carol!

o

I've been following this forum for a while now and wanted to contribute something.

I had a rust stain that looked liked it was etched into my granite counter. It was caused by a recycled can getting left on the counter wet overnight. I bet the counter needed to be resealed and that s why it happened.

Anyway, I read all over the web and found that the say a product called Super Iron Out could get it out. I was nervous putting a chemical on the counter, but had to try something as my methods were doing nothing.

I finally got some and it's a white powder. I mixed it with water to make a paste and put it on the stain and covered it overnight. The next morning I carefully washed it off because the paste seemed gritty and I didn't want to scratch the counter.

Long story short, it worked. Hope this helps someone else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here