Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cleaning Corian sinks and such

Posted by gibby3000 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 15, 11 at 13:34

I've noticed that my Corian sink started to stain more easily after about five years of use and not as easy to clean with softscrub. I have a housecleaner and noticed she always got it perfectly clean so I asked her what she uses and she said Clorox Cleanup. So I got some and it does work very well - just spray on and let it sit for a couple minutes then rinse. Didn't even have to rub it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cleaning Corian sinks and such

Good tip! If I recall one benefit of Corian is that it's non porous. I think Dupont suggests some pretty (comparatively) strong cleaners for regular maintenance.

o
RE: cleaning Corian sinks and such

I just bought some Bar Keepers Friend and I'm amazed at how it cleaned my porcelain sink. I have a white porcelain sink that I have "pads" on the bottom and for some reason they turn the sink yellow plus you know how any metal that hits the sides makes black scratch marks...well I just used BKF and the sink is as white as new. NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING else I tried made a dent in the stains. Warning...whatever you do, don't have porcelain sinks put in your kitchen. I absolutely hate them! They stain like crazy, they break dishes(reason for pads in the bottom).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here