Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIrty dogs in the morning

Posted by DryBrush (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 13:08

Almost every time I walk the dogs in the morning before work they get very dirty and they leave dirt all over the kitchen cupboards. I struggle to find time to clean them before work. And I don't want to have to bath them every day because I dont think it's very good for their coats.
I don't really want to have to just walk them along the pavements either because although they wouldn't get muddy, they're young and very energetic, so having to be at home most of the day after havng a short walk isn't really fair on them is it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DIrty dogs in the morning

In my opinion, dog owners have to lower their standards of cleanliness.

o

Maybe start the walk 15 minutes earlier so when you return home, either blow dry their coat or towel dry their coats znd then brush the dirt out. Once they are dry the dirt should brush right out, thus saving you extra cleaning.

If they get very muddy then rinse off their legs or feet as this is where most dirt will be and then dry them off.

I think it is great you walk them every morning.

o

Buy some pet wipes and use them each time you bring the dogs back indoors.

o

Would they look too silly with their legs clipped? We have poodles and are used to silly looking dogs.

o

Another vote for pet wipes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here