Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
autumn37

Clean Burnt Pot with Ease

Autumn37
11 years ago

Simply put full strength dishwashing liquid in pot while hot, even if food is still in it, and make sure there is enough to cover the bottom of the pot (roll it around to ensure that the bottom is completely covered, although you may not be able to see it if food is still in). DO NOT ADD WATER and let sit for a few minutes, burnt stains will wash right out. Key: must use a good quality dish liquid.

Comments (2)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    11 years ago

Hmmm...I can't help but think that that 'may' work in 'some' cases, that it just won't work in every case.

I once severely burned popcorn in a stainless steel pan. Soap, regardless of what kind it was, or how it was used, didn't begin to help it. I worked on it off and on for several days using something similar to these..... Stainless Steel Scrubber Pads.

Lots of other good, and some not so good, tips at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Burned Pot threads found via a seach of this forum

• mss103
    11 years ago

I, too, had burnt popcorn on a stainless steel pot, and no amount of soaking worked. I finally used straight ammonia, and let it soak for days, then scraped the rest of the residue off with a knife. A real PITA.