Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning stains off of the bottomof a bathtub

Posted by kathyc618 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 28, 10 at 12:37

Help my friends is renting a house that has a new tub in it. Bathtub got stained when they put a drunk person in the bathtub to sober up. She had on a pair of new very dark jeans on. Now my friend cant clean the bottom of the tub. There is a nonslip texture on in it and now it is stained. There is also a stain in it from a toy that got left in after her son took a bath. She has scrubbed it with Ajax and used full strength bleach. Does anyone have any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning stains off of the bottomof a bathtub

Have you tried calling a place that sells those tubs. That would be your best bet. You don't knpw what the coating is on the tub and might damage it

o

Ok thanks

o

Bleach takes time to work. Did she add some bleach to water, plug the drain, and let it sit for a number of hours? I'd be shocked if that doesn't work.

I'd also try Magic Eraser.

o

Get some Rit dye remover made for removing fabric dye.

--------

Putting a drunk person in a tub of water is a dangerous idea. First of all, it is NOT going to get them sober any faster. Second of all, you risk them drowning.

o

Thanks for all of the ideas. I will let you know if any of them work. She did try letting bleach sit in the tub overnight and that didn't work. I agree with not putting a drunk person it the bath or shower.It doesn't help. It can only cause problems.

o

My Mom used to spread paper towels on the bottom of her tub, then pour straight bleach over them. Left the soaking towels for several hours, with the door closed to keep the fumes in, , then removed and simply rinsed the tub.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here