Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shop Vac Micro Filter Bag....substitute

Posted by krissie (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 31, 09 at 12:12

I have the 1 gallon Shop Vac and it uses the regular size filters.

Tried to find Shop Vac Micro Filters to no avail. Micro Filters are suppose to filter out 99% making them great for people with allergies.

I substituted a Micro Filter bag for the Hoover Upright Type A, cutting bag just below the hole. Folded down the top to desired length and then slipped over the foam filter and put the ring up high on it. The ring is usually used for wet pick up, works great to hold the bag up high.

Hope this will be of help to others.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shop Vac Micro Filter Bag....substitute

Can you explain this in detail further? You substituted a SV Microfilter bag for the Hoover Type A you say.

I use Type A on my Hoover and I do not see how I could replace it with any of those shown on their website.

It would be great to have a substitute since those Type A seem to be hard to find in the stores these days.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shop Vac Filters

o
RE: Shop Vac Micro Filter Bag....substitute

dilly dally,

The substitution the OP is referring to is using type "A" Hoover bags in a Shop-Vac.

The cut type "A" bag is opened like a paper lunch bag and placed over the motor of the Shop Vac and secured by a band or clamp. This was the process of many shop vacuums in the past. Now, some models use vacuum cleaner bags with small collars like the ones on the Hoover type "A" bags.

Your Hoover type "A" bag is very common and can be found in most stores like Walmart, Target, Kmart, grocery stores, vac shops and even online.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here