Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help, how do you get sauce out of pyrex tops!

Posted by oopsie913 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 1, 10 at 11:50

A neighbor sent over some chili in a glass pyrex with a cover on it. For some reason the cover absorbed the chili sauce and I cannot get it to conme out. I have put on top rack of diswasher and also soaked in detergent. I dont want to use an abrasive. I know there must be a tip to clean this...help anyone??!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help, how do you get sauce out of pyrex tops!

There used to be a product on the market made specifically for cleaning stains from plastic products. I don't know if it is around any more. I would try soaking it in a solution of Oxyclean and hot water.

o

Is it a glass top? I have great success soaking cooked on crud in hot water and electric dishwasher detergent for a few hours to overnight. The crud comes off easily that way.

o

Tomato will discolor plastic in fact most plastic will discolor with time. That does not make them unusable. The lid may have been discolored when she gave it to you. Instead of trying to get the stain out, and ruining the lid, ask her about it. She was the one who put the chilli in the dish.

I know you are grateful that she did this for you, and I would mention that, but a talk can somehow ease your worrying.

o

no, the top was beautiful when we got it. We will send chili back that WE made tomorrow. It is a plastic top not class. I did have a friend say to soak it in bleach., I will try that. I know I shouldnt worry.

o

I've had luck with non-diluted Cascade on stains of this nature. Wouldn't hurt to try!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here