Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Way To Dust/Clean Louvered Cabinet Doors

Posted by alameda (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 10:33

My kitchen has dark wood small louvered custom cabinet doors. While very attractive, they are extremely hard to clean. I have been using a toothbrush with warm water and a bit of liquid soap, drying them with a paper towel then applying Liquid Gold. This is very time consuming - but I hate it when they look the least bit dusty. Is there a better way to clean these doors?

Thanks!
Judith

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Way To Dust/Clean Louvered Cabinet Doors

What you're describing sounds more like something I'd do for an occasional deep cleaning. For weekly maintenance, I'd use a hand vac or small shop vac (I have both Oreck and Shop Vac 1 gal) with a soft brush attachment, opening the doors and doing the back surfaces too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dusting brush attachment

o
RE: Best Way To Dust/Clean Louvered Cabinet Doors

I agree with morz8. Unless you are getting cooking splatters on the doors, dry dusting them should be enough. The round brush attachment that comes with most vacuum cleaners works well for things like this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here