Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ljsandler

Magazine Ink on Wood Table

ljsandler
13 years ago

My daughter left a wet magazine page on my dark wood table and now there is a long red ink stain on the table. Any ideas on how to get it out?

Thanks!

Comments (5)

• saferproducts
    13 years ago

Honestly, the only product I have ever used to get ink out is a product called Sol-u-mel. The only thing is that you have to be a member to order it. (Kind of like a Costco sort of deal, but online shopping.) I wish I could just send you some, because it would take it out in less than two seconds!! I do not know anything else. :( I searched and searched for a product to take ink out because my husband is INFAMOUS for leaving pens in pockets, ruining laundry, exploding when he sits down, etc... Sol-U-Mel will take ink out of anything and everything just by getting a little on a cotton swab and rubbing it. It has never damaged anything I have used it on, but removes ink, magic marker, you name it!

• saferproducts
    13 years ago

You know, I have been thinking about it this morning, and, I really wouldn't mind sending you some of mine so you can get it out. I know how frustrating it can be... you just let me know. Totally up to you, if you feel comfortable giving me a mailing address. I will just have to find a small container of some sort to put a little of it in, but I would be happy to do it for you. (Rather, my husband would have to do it for me, for you, since I am on bed rest, hahahaha - but he is a great guy and wouldn't mind at all!) Let me know.

• ljsandler
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you so very much, safer products for your kind offer. You are such a sweetheart! I googled sol u mel and found a place that will sell it to me. I will try it--it sounds wonderful!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed!

• saferproducts
    13 years ago

May I ask where you are able to buy it online? I am really curious, as I have always been told it is only available direct from the manufacturer, and it is illegal for anybody else to sell it.

And no problem - if there are products out there that work, I want people to be using them so they can focus on the more important things in life! Who wants to be stressed about cleaning?! haha

Once you get the Sol-U-Mel, let me know, I can tell you about a zillion other uses for it that will blow your mind!

• saferproducts
    13 years ago

Oh my goodness - I just Googled it, please do not spend $30 on it!! Is that how much they are charging you?? It is $11 for 8 ounces and $20 for 16 ounces, just so you know. And, because I am about 100% positive it is illegal for an outside person to sell it, I cannot and would not charge you for it, but the offer still stands for me to send you some if you would like. Up to you though!

Also, if you give me an email address, I can send you a document a friend of mine gave to me on "133 Most Popular Uses for Sol-U-Mel" - it will get grease and oil stains out of concrete, for one!