Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cleaning the glass on a gas fireplace

Posted by joyy (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 3, 09 at 8:47

the inside of the glass is really foggy looking - about the top 3 or 4 inches - and looking at it is really bothering me. it's really noticeable whether we have it turned on or off.

i'm assuming the door need to come apart to clean it. is this something i can do myself or do i need to call in someone who works with these things (because i know very little about natural gas and don't want to blow the house up!)

has anyone here ever tried doing this before?

thanks! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cleaning the glass on a gas fireplace

Is it a wood burning fireplace or gas?
Our wood burning fp doors can open all the way for cleaning inside and out.
I know the glass on the gas fp can come out to be cleaned, but hasn't needed it yet.
Kathy G in MI

o

This works great....period. Ceramabryte. Follow the directions and enjoy a sparkling and shiny glass door. My fireplace is only gas with the fake logs, embers, etc. and this works perfectly. Actually, I use this on loads of things around the house. Glass cooktop, bath fixtures both chrome and brass, sink fixtures and even the stopper in the bottom of the sink and tub/shower.

o

On my wood-burning FP glass door, I use oven cleaner. i don't know if this helps!
FW

o

If you're able to remove the doors, use De-Solv-It, warm water and a microfiber cloth on them. That's what I always use and it seems to cut that haze wonderfully. You might try liquid Goo Gone instead (it's the same sort of cleaner).

A great benefit is that you're not breathing any toxic fumes from a cleaner!

o

Hi,

Just open your Yellow Pages and look fireplaces, gas logs, gas grills , or patio furniture. These places sell all of the above as the seasons change as they would not be able to stay in business. They sell cleaner for your doors. I have used it for years and that is where I have always puchased it.

o

Amway has a jar of solid glass cleaner you add water rub it in to make a paste,
i used it on my fireplace doors,cleaned them great,,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here