Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
candles left color spots on tablecloth

Posted by gingit (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 15, 10 at 7:33

I was able to remove the wax but the blue coloring stayed on the tablecloth and I have run out of ideas. Here's what I have tried: soaking in Oxy and then washing. Bleach, vinegar, Shout...no difference.

Any other ideas are much appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: candles left color spots on tablecloth

Try putting a clean dry white cloth underneath, then gently apply a warm iron to the spots.

o

Thanks, jannie. I tried but no luck. I think all the previous attempts interfered with my success...but I appreciate the tip for the next time!

o

The blue coloring SHOULD come out with chlorine bleach...IF you have removed all the wax....regardless of what other things you have tried.
If it's not coming out, then you still have wax in the cloth.
Try the iron trick again....paper towel under the cloth and on top and if yous ee any spots on the paper when ironing with a fairly hot iron, you know there is still wax in there.
Linda c

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here