Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sap on timber trusses

Posted by wease (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 19, 10 at 7:31

Does anyone have a good way to remove sap droplets from douglas fir timber trusses? I was thinking of freezing them somehow and then knocking them off. If I try to get them off the way it is, they smear sap all over the truss.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sap on timber trusses

I was given this product by a friend. I have been cleaning out kitchen cupboards all week as it is raining almost nonstop. I have Congoleum linoleum pieces as shelf liner.(It's 40 yrs old but nice except it didn't come clean with Comet cleaner & lot of rubbing with plastic scrubber. So I tried original Krud Kutter. 1 spray & it looked new, I couldn't believe it,(I did it over sink & rinsed & replaced in cupboard.) I have so many useless products for cleaning. I thought it would be hard to find, it's everywhere, Wal Mart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. And it is safe & good to use & didn't make my hands raw. I see on back of it tree sap is 1 of things it removes. Can use on lots of things including carpet & laundry. It's about $6-10. & comes in gallon if you have a lot to do. Has a little smell but didn't kick up my allergies, is non-toxic,biodegradable,non-flammable, non-abrasive so something I will be trying on lot of things. Don't use on paint or varnish as it removes it!!Wonder what it does on shower door glass- think I will try it this morning.Oh, they have a website www. KRUDKUTTER.COM made in U.S. too. Good Luck!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here