Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceramic Nativity Piece

Posted by peter4 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 21, 05 at 21:22

I purchased a beautiful already glazed and painted white, one piece ceramic round Nativity,(it has six (Mary, Joseph, the Three Wise Men and a cradle) placed around a circle and I would like to paint a different color. Now it is all white, and I was not thinking of painting each individual figure, but rather having it an opalesque color with or without glitter. The problem I'm running into is that everyone is telling me that the paint will not hold unless I have it baked on. Is there any kind of paint out there that will stick on this piece without having to heat it again?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceramic Nativity Piece

I know the craft stores sell ceramic pieces (all white) and the paint to use on them with no additional firing. I'd check it out if one is near you or bring up a web page (via google) and see if they have itin their catalogs so you can get an idea of what it is like.

o
RE: Ceramic Nativity Piece

Minnie - Thanks a lot for your answer. I think I'll try that. I've been getting different answers all over the place. Use this kind of paint or that kind of paint, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here