Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
christmas character ornaments

Posted by ArtsyCraftsy (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 17, 02 at 16:44

I bought these adorable polymer clay ornaments at our company's annual book & gift fair, which raises money for our childcare center.
They all came in a cute paper-covered hinged box with collaged snowmen on the top. I am going to give each of the ornies as gifts and use the box to hold a gift of some kind of holiday treat...mixes or candy?
The sad thing is the whole set including box cost only $12. Could you imaging the time it takes to create each one of these poly clay characters? They are 3" high & extremely well done, even to the caning that creates the clothing patterns and the braided spaghettis of clay that create the textured sweater on mr. snowman.
No way a crafter could sell these for $2 each. I feel like a traitor, but it was for the tots, lol!! Some little kid in China probably got paid $1 a day to make these....*sigh*

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: ornaments

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: christmas character ornaments

Hi, Karen: I felt guilty about buying stuff from China for a long time. BUT, I came to the conclusion that who ever made the article might be starving if it wasn't for the home industry.

o

Meant to tell you I love the beard and moustache on the Santa. My pasta machine has a spaghetti maker part; we should try that. The little "knitted" sweater is unbelievable! Lots of detail on all of them. We can really appreciate the work that went into them, eh?

o

I just took a look at them and loved them .I feel the same way about buying "foreign" stuff but when you think about it there isn't that much made in the states anymore. I have to hand it to those who can sell their crafts now.
BTW We used the old garlic press for our beards and hair.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here