Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Made A Couple Santa Ornaments

Posted by Roanimare (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 12, 02 at 15:16

Hi -- I am in a Santa making mode. I posted my two newest Santas in Gallery. The first one is made from a seashell and I came up with the idea after seeing a plastic one. I thought why not use a real seashell. The second Santa is my version of the Lightbulb Santa. --Michele :0)

Here is a link that might be useful: A Couple Santas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Made A Couple Santa Ornaments

Michele! They're terrific! I had never seen a seashell santa before; the shell is just so perfect for the beard! You do a great job with the clay --his features are wonderful!
You make me want to try making an edible version. Have you ever made cookie dough in different colors and put them together that way? It's been a long time since I did, but they're great fun and turn out too pretty to eat. The little components in your Santa would be so easy to copy. :-)

Oh, I couldn't see your pics, for some reason. I went to the source and copy/pasted the url. Hope you don't mind if I post the links here? They're definitely worth a look!
Santa Bulb
Santa Shell

o

They look beautiful! I admire your talent!!! You can be proud of these for sure. Thanks for sharing.

o

Hi -- Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them. I'm trying to think up another idea - maybe a Santa stuck in a chimney made from a film canister. I'm going to test and see if the canister melts at 275 degrees. I'm so enjoying myself. LOL :0) -- Michele

o

Michelle, They are so cool! Never saw a seashell santa but it is so clever! Let us know about the canister. I know PVC pipe can get baked with the clay....you could cut some pieces of that for chimneys.

Karen

o

Hi Karen -- Thanks. I'm trying to think of an idea where I use the canister or pvc pipe as the chimney -- and Santa's legs are sticking out the top like he's stuck -- or maybe his head is sticking out the top. Any ideas?? :0) -- Michele

o

Michele I just saw your Santas. What a great job you did. Show us more!!

o

Hi Minnie -- Thanks! I just finished a little lamb that turned out so cute. It's amazing how simple these little ornaments are to do. Nice for a change. I'll post it when I get a pic. -- Michele

o

Late but I wanted to add my compliments. These are really nice.

o

Thanks Rosie!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here