Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemarythyme_gw

Polymer clay enthusiasts

rosemarythyme
17 years ago

I'm new to the clay forum. Is anyone working in polymer these days? Would love to share ideas and photos.

Comments (9)

• curbdiver1954
    17 years ago

Hey, rosemarythyme! Fancy seeing ya here!! Just dropped in while looking around at the various forums...not much going on (compared to GJ at least).

I do some things in pc, but am not real good at it yet. Got all the supplies, but got fascinated (AGAIN!!) with mosaics and there I went off on that tangent!

Pat

• rosemarythyme
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Curbdriver: Been out of the country and am now playing catch-up. Yes, I know. Some of the forums are pretty dead. I like working with the clay because there is no mortar or grout involved, therefore, less mess! And I'm almost to the point in mosaics that I only like using glass because you have an even surface and it's easier to clean up the grout. So many projects, so little time, eh? And too many diversions...

• flagtruck
    17 years ago

Fancy finding both of you here! I came here to see if anyone was making soome things I could use in my mosaics. I was looking for some unusual 'bits & pieces'! Maybe you could figure that out for me? I have a few molds for PC and was going to try to use my real clay and push a few and glase and fire for mosaics. Any ideas?

• shrty411
    17 years ago

Well, hello gang! Just looking around. Slowmedown mentioned using clay and it sounded like fun (and looks good). Haven't tried yet. I thought thee might be some FAQ here, and then I stumbled across this post! I don't know anything, just HI!!

Maria

• chickencollecter
    17 years ago

I've used sculpy to do a bowling ball. It was fun to do...and really easy. I gave it to my daughter and she really loved it. It has been outside in Ohio weather for two years now, and is still perfect.

Be safe, Rach

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1411998}}

• delicatreasures
    17 years ago

{{gwi:1411232}}

Just one example I posted on another message too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delica Treasures

• toomuchglass
    17 years ago

Well - look who's here !!!!! It's amazing who I bump into !!!!!! LOL Yep - I'm dabbling in it too ... haven't dabbled too much - been busy MOSAICING ! I'm hoping to make things out of sculpey to add into my mosaics. Another thing on my L-O-N-G list of to do's .......

• Ruth2
    16 years ago

Rach, I'm just starting to get involved in PC after spending many years doing graphic arts on the computer. What did you use to stick the sculpy to the bowling ball and how long did you bake it??? Did you use a outside varnish (since it's been out there for 2 years). It's so cute, especially with the cats on it!!!

thanks for any info you may share.

Ruth

• kattydid
    16 years ago

Hi, I'm new to boards, I just started working with polymer clay. Love it.Just wanted to share my first project. Not too bad after alot of trail and error and a box of mistakes. LOL. PS I love faries{{gwi:1411999}} Sorry about the size, I also new to paint bucket

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor