Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vintage nativity set

Posted by ybdull (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 23, 08 at 14:56

I'm looking for a nativity set that was popular in the late 70's to early 80's. I'm thinking it was made by Holland molds, but I can't be sure. I've seen some similar pieces in pictures that I've seen of other Holland sets, but not the specific one I'm looking for. There are a few distinguishing pieces that put this particular set apart. The shepherds are one piece. It's an old man hovering over a young boy. Of the 3 wise men, one is standing tall. Joseph is on one knee with his hands on his knee. The baby Jesus is one piece with the manger, not detachable. These are medium to large pieces. Of the set there are the 3 wise men, the one piece shepherd, the holy family, a cow, a donkey, a few sheep, and a camel or two, maybe three. I've seen it with or without an angel. I'm sorry I don't have a picture, but if you think you might know and do have a picture, that would be great. I've searched the internet and ebay to no avail. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vintage nativity set

I have for SALE: ORIGINAL HOLLAND MOLD 18 PCS. IVORY CERAMIC 23KT GOLD ACCENTS NATIVITY SCENE, MINT CONDITION!! This stunning LARGE Nativity scene was very expensive, as it is different with the Holland Mold Marking on all pieces, 23 KT Gold handpainted accents on pieces. The Camels standing 9 1/2"H x 5 1/2"W and the camel laying down is 10"L x 4"W, 3 wise men are 8 1/2"H x 3"W, Mary & Joseph are 6"H (kneeling down) and Baby Jesus is 2"H x 3"L in crib. All pieces are in scale to one another. $125

o

I have the molds to make a holland nativity that was popular in the late 60's early 70's for pictures please e-mail me. thanks Kelly

o

Sorry for the thread hijack...
Kelly, can you please email me about your moulds. I am only a lurker here on TGW, and im used to proboards style forums so I don't know how.
I have a missing piece from my holland nativity and I'm looking to fill it out if you cast and bisque for hire.
Thanks, and again sorry to the OP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here