Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paper Clay links for copperfish

Posted by akaLia (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 02 at 23:14

Hi and WELCOME to copperfish!!
I saw your post about paperclay. Thought I'd start a new thread here.
I found this interesting article: PaperClay.co.uk about adding paper pulp to clay slip, which was news to me! Apparently, it can be used in a kind of Raku technique?

Have you looked at www.paperclay.com for projects and ideas? That's more my speed. LOL! My packet came from Michaels, too.

Hope you enjoy the forums and clay discussions here!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paper Clay links for copperfish

Hi akaLia !! Thanks for the speedy response. You know what - I did see the paperclay spot on the web and I'll check out the uk one. Thanks. I decided to order some ready-made from Axner pottery so I could really get after it. I want to make some big, big bowls inside a plaster mould. I tend to make lotz of tendrils and leaves and other things that stick out and since they are always breaking off, this clay may be the best thing to ever happen to this mud person !! They say it's the new clay of the 21st. century ! and since I am the queen of cracking, breaking and experimentation, I can hardly wait. I'll keep in touch. Will you ??? It's so much fun to check out this garden web. I just love it.

o
RE: Paper Clay links for copperfish

copperfish, you are obviously way outta my little ol' league! LOL!
I'd just love to see pics of your work. Your tendrils and leaves and sticking-out things sound great!

I wouldn't know where to begin with such projects using paperclay. There was a beautiful bowl demo'd on Carol Duvall once, using polymer clay. It had grapes and lots of leaves and tendrils. It's definitely on my Wanna-Do list! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here