Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with non working kiln

Posted by mstargardener1 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 18, 04 at 17:46

I was giving an electric kiln in need of repair. Problem is I have no idea what the most likely problem would be. Person gave to me from another person so, I have know idea what's wrong. Any suggestions on where to start looking or how to find out? Can you order parts and repair yourself in most instances? Please help, thanks.
MG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with non working kiln

Search the web for the manufacturer of the kiln and email them for a dealer in your area. Or stop by a local ceramic supply center with the name and model number of the kiln they should be able to hook you up with the manufacturer.
I bought an older Paragon kiln (from the late 60s) I looked up Pargon on line and was able to order a new wiring diagram and user manual for my kiln.
Good Luck

o
RE: Need help with non working kiln

Have you ever fired a kiln? If you don't have any knowledge about them, I recommend that you find a professional to help you. Kiln repair is normally not an expensive item, but it is difficult to find someone to work on them. Since they get so hot, they can be dangerous to leave alone while they are firing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here