Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some pots

Posted by caudex1 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 08 at 8:43

I collect rare plants and last year started making my own containers to show them off. I've experimented with glazing, unglazed, oxide stains. Here are a few examples, and more in the album.

IMG_4976

IMG_4986

squarrosa

IMG_4554

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some pots

Great job! Those are awsome and nice plant, also!

Marie

o

Caudex1, Those are great. What are they made out of. I'm at work and can't enlarge them or get to your album.

o

Thank you wyn and lady!

There are made of clay ;0) Sorry, couldn't resist.

The 1st one was made from scraps, just rolled into balls and started stacking. A stain was used to enhance the textures.

The 2nd one I used another layer of clay to mount the feet on, then stained it dark.

The 3rd one I was able to salvage after it cracked while I was making it, then I cracked it more to give it some balance. Used a crawl glaze on the base.

The 4th I used black lava glaze.

Just got a treadle style pottery wheel last week, wasted about 10lbs of clay attempting to center on the wheelhead.

IMG_3262

and threw these today

IMG_3509

This tea bowl came the best
IMG_3508

Another black lava pot

IMG_3407

o
RE: latest creation

Finished this a couple of days ago, used 25lbs of clay to form this deep container. Now it has to dry, my guess it will take about a month for to completely dry.

IMG_3520.2

o

A few more creations

IMG_3981

IMG_3982

IMG_3984

o

Thanks for sharing! However I can't see any of the details--would you mind making your photos a bit larger?

I just bought some equipment and hope to start throwing and hand-building pots by next year. Right now I'm finishing up a class at our local art museum.

o

Sorry, I just noticed that your pics are clickable!
Your pots look great and I look forward to seeing more.

o

Thanks blue!

Made 4 large pots today, I'll try and get some photos tomorrow.

o
RE: 2 more pots

IMG_6330.2

IMG_6337.2

o
RE: more creations

Made this yesterday

These came out of the kiln on Friday

Did some handbuilding over the holidays

Wanted a deep pot so I used a paper towel roll as a mold

o

i loved the one with the chunky feet :)

o

wow!!! raw, organic and natural!!! i esp love the 2 blue ones ... ALL your work is awesome!!

o

Thanks luthien and curly!

A few more i've been working on
6in zebra pot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here