Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New To This Forum

Posted by calpat (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 12:35

Hi all! I've spent nearly two years reading and participating in forums on GW and finally got here! I've played with almost all forms of arts, including ceramics, but that was many years ago. Like anything else I get burned out doing one thing all the time. I've been doing some reading on this polymer clay that requires baking in oven rather than a kiln. I've been to Google searching for a "How To" website to find out the particulars before investing in a new media. Guess I'm not lookng in the right place. I have some ideas that would work great, I think, with this type of clay. Anyone out there who will give me opinions, advice, information, etc. would be most appreciated. Instructions that I have so far read are assuming I know what I'm doing and I don't! TIA Pat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New To This Forum

Ihave found this page very helpful. I wish you luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Polymer Tutorials

o
Advanced Polymer

Now.....when you get really good, check out this site. These are wonderful. And the tutorials are very good!! Have fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: Advanced tutorials in Polymer clay

o

Butterflybush, thanks so much for the information! Anxious to get started but have one project going & must finish it!

o

I am also new to this.

See ya!

o

hello all!! have been spending time in Garden Junk and never realized till now that there was a clay/ceramics spot...YAHOOO!!! This is my first post...hope to participate frequently....tried to link my website but then read that businesses cannot do that. I am a clay handbuilder from Wilkes-Barre, PA. I work in both earthenware and stoneware and am fortunate to have my studio in an arts community housed in an old mansion....hope to share ideas with everyone!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here