Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamb43

Hello From Lubbock

lamb43
22 years ago

We're home, and I'm going through a serious polyclay withdrawal. I missed you all so much! We had quite a series of (mis)adventures during the move from NY to TX, but for the most part, it's over now. (That whistling wind sound you hear is a big sigh of relief LOL)

ArtsyCraftsy- You should have an email from me. Please let me know if you haven't recieved it.

akaLia - I know what you did ie the glass attic. You are the best, you know that?? Look for an email from me, too, and a thousand thank you's aren't enough. I'll build a shrine to you here on Cloud Nine. YOU ARE THE BEST!

It's late and I'm tired so everyting else will have to wait. Good night everyone!

"there's no place like home"

lamb- the frugal crafter

Comments (10)

• ArtsyCraftsy
    22 years ago

Lamb_
    I have been thinking of you & hoping all was well with your move. I can't even imagine what an undertaking that would be to move so far away. Yikes, with all my supplies it would be a nightmare!
    I'll check my mail tonite.

Welcome to your new home!
    Karen
    (ps- Hehe...I saw that at Glass Attic, too!)

• akaLia
    22 years ago

Welcome back, lamb!!!! I had been wondering, too, how you and your clay were weathering the trip. LOL!

I *finally* found what y'all were talking about in the Glass Attic. We'll have to keep bumping that Ginger Jar thread up so it doesn't fall off!

Thought I would tell you my news here: one of my thoughts about using rubber stamps with polymer clay is supposed to be published in the April Vamp Stamp News. I'm so thrilled! (Doesn't take much for me! LOL!) My kids thought I should use my real name though, Alisa.

Oh, and Lamb, I'll take you up on that shrine. You can use paper or clay. ROTFLOL!

So glad you're back! Enjoy your R&R!

• rosie_ga
    22 years ago

Glad to hear from you.......I bet the move was rough. Good to have you back.

• taunia1
    21 years ago

Lamb, I hope to be settled here in Waco soon. I should have a computer up and running within the next 4 weeks. Hope to talk soon. Happy crafting, Taunia.

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

Taunia!
    I have been thinking about you every day recently, and honest to goodness I was going to post an "I miss Taunia" message today- and lo, here you are!

Good luck finishing your move!
    We're keeping your chair warm...

Karen

• rosie_ga
    21 years ago

Lia.....very exciting news about getting published. Sorry, but I'm not familar with the publication. Is it a magazine? How could one have slipped by me.......LOL

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

"Rosie"- VSN is a small independently produced Stamping mag that has been around for a while. LOTS of useful tips in every issue. Plus she always inserts something by hand into each magazine as a challenge for stampers- glue dots, shrink plastic, clipiolas, etc.
    In fact it is produced very close to where I live. You can sometimes get it at Michaels but I usually get mine at the stamp store.
    This is exactly the kind of mag someone should be doing with poly clay!

Here is a link that might be useful: VSN

• akaLia
    21 years ago

Taunia! It's so good to see you here! I've been wondering if you've had any time for crafts... Looking forward to your being back and chatting with us!

I went back and looked at my quotes in VSN. I don't think it makes a bit of sense. LOL! I'm a terrible writer!
    ...I've only seen VSN at my local stamp store. And the owner says it's her very favorite. I do think it's well done and informative. Also nice because it comes out monthly.
    I think the editor is an angel for putting those little extras in over 5000 magazines per month!! That, on top of all the other work of creating VSN.

I agree, there should be something like that for clay. (Karen.........???) ;-)

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

Oh no, you're giving me hives, Lia! We are just wrapping up production on the first issue of a new magazine here where I work. No one would believe the amount of time that goes into someting like that!
    She is an excellent example of finding a niche and creating a successful product for it.

• rosie_ga
    21 years ago

Thanks everyone for the info........sending off for some back issues and subscriptions. Will give me MORE PROJECTS to read about.......LOL

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists