Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bunny Light

Posted by taunia1 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 28, 03 at 20:51

I didn't like the length of the ears, so I added some with polymer clay! I couldn't make up my mind with what color of paint to use. I ended up with a beige; then dry brushed it with a powder blue. This was a store bought figurine from the dollar store! I decided that less is more; with minimal embellishments.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bunny Light

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bunny Light

Really cute........I like him all one color.

Nice job

o

It is sweet. How big is he/her?

o

Minnie, he's about 10in. tall, not including the ashtray. Here's an upgraded pic. I did some hightlighting this a.m. LOL! You can see the dry brush colors that are muted more.

Here is a link that might be useful: Light

o

aww, he is really cute! I can't get enough of those ashtray lights! Yours are so unique!

o

Very pretty! What did we ever do without polymer clay?!?
Tell me-- how do you change the bulb in ashtray light? Are the ashtrays glued together?

o

Thanks Karen. Lia, that's the problem. I haven't figured that out yet. I guess I'll have to try a different technique.

o

Lia in the ashtray lights I brought to the craft forum, I used ribbon to keep the ashtrays together. Criss cross around the ashtrays like you would do ribbon on a pkg. The ribbon is glued (E6000) on the top (which would be under the rabbit in this case). No need to glue the astrays together as it also allows the heat from the lights to escape. The lights I used are 10-20 light clear Christmas bulbs. They should last a very long time. If they do burn out, just cut the ribbon, slip off the bow and replace. Really easy. Make sure you use heavy ashtrays or they can get quite warm.

I do like the rabbit a lot! Nice colors! I'm just starting to play with clay and I love all the great ideas everyone here has.

Paint Drop Hugs!
MryRose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here