Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kiln Operation Question

Posted by phoenixrizen (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 08 at 17:35

I have an old Sno Industries Model K electric kiln that I have no idea how to operate. Does anyone know where I can find a manual? I know the company does not exist anymore. There are 3 switches on kiln sitter but thats about all I see. I have done pottery on and off for several years but have never fired my own kiln so I have no idea how they work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kiln Operation Question

There are a couple of kiln books in the library that will tell you how to judge the temperature by the color of the flame or heat in the kiln. you can also purchase a temperature gage that you can stick into an observation hole.

As for the manual. You might, MIGHT, be able to find it by search a web archive site. If the manual was ever on the net, then the web archive sites may have it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bird Oasis.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here