Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My few pictures

Posted by akaLia (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 02 at 16:12

Instead of posting in the gallery, I thought I'd provide a link to the few clay pics I have online: My Wearables, Etc. Three of them are polymer clay and two are Paper Clay.

Rosie, thanks for the comments on my face and bone things in this gallery.
For the scrimshaw, I rub acrylic paint into the grooves in the clay. I discovered the fun of carving into the cured clay with my stamp carving tools. I don't know why I chose curved objects the first time I tried it! But they don't scan well, and DKs have lost the software to our digital camera. :--/ I've only done a few things. I need to perfect the "bone" coloring. I've really enjoyed researching the history of the art! :--)

I also have the components for a necklace I did with a kind of opposite effect: rubbing white paint into impressions stamped into blue clay, so it has a "calcified" look. I'll try to scan those, although I'd like to get them strung first...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My few pictures

Enjoyed looking at your work......especially the patriotic "stamp" on polymer. Is that by transfer? All the work is really good.

Thanks for showing.......do you have an outlet for your work or (like me) just give as gifts or to family members.

o

lia, I love your pins! my favorite were the heart felt ones. so beautiful!

o

Your work is beautiful, Lia! I can't wait to see the necklace.

Question? For your stamped pieces, do you stamp using just the rubber stamp, or have you stamped with ink, PearlEx, or any other medium? I've done some experiments with the shapelets kit, and am interested in hearing about others experiences stamping clay.

lamb

o

Thanks, guys :--)
Rosie, no, I don't really have an outlet; I just toss most of it in a cigar box. And it's not even a decorated cigar box! :--( LOL! Sometimes I wear my own stuff. One year I gave makume gane pens with note pads to family members and I don't think they were appreciated. (Although I did get a compliment on the pyramid boxes I made to accomodate them!)
Diane, I had to paint the felt to get the colors I wanted. LOL! Someday I hope to afford REAL wool felt.
Lamb, I haven't tried stamping into the clay with the stamp inked up. I was reading about it in a Shapelets ad and wondering how that works... Do you have to use a permanent ink? I only have one color of Brilliance...
With the necklace I'm "working on" (haha, it hasn't been touched in several months!) I used buttons and other plastic filigree embellishments to stamp into the clay. I think I have tried PearlEx on the stamp without very good results.
Would love to hear more from those of you who've used the Shapelets...
BTW, I just received some cards in a Paperclay swap and several of them used inked stamps and looked great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here