Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lia_sc

Translucent Liquid Sculpey --did you know this???

Lia_SC
21 years ago

They DO have it at Michaels! All this time I've looked and searched and even asked and no dice. Then I find out from the poly clay e group that Michaels keeps it in the kids' area, right by the Faster Plaster! Hah!

I can hardly wait to try it. I've just been too under the weather since I found it.

Comments (5)

• rosie_ga
    21 years ago

Seems like I have seen it there. It has many applications although I haven't used it much. It was one of those "had to have it" things.
    Been sick?

• minnie_tx
    21 years ago

I found it today at Michael's right where you said it would be. On the lable it says Bakable transfer and color medium and says make transfers from black & white color photos, color laser prints,colored pencil drawings.
    I found my box of clays and promise to start doing something soon.

Michael's also had a big bin with books and phamplets reduced to $1 and up

• Lia_SC
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Minnie, I didn't know that about the transfers. I bought it mainly so I could attach two clay pieces and rebake, using the LS as a glue. I wasn't sure I wanted to try it with plain old glue.
    Of course I want to try some more creative applications, too. Looks like I need to look over the insert that came with it again. I scanned over the Sculpey site but they don't seem to have many projects for it.
    I'll be looking for ideas with a more open mind now that I have some.

(Oh, Rosie, thanks for asking; I had a nasty cold --well, aren't they all...? I couldn't do any paper crafts 'cause I would have huffed, and puffed, and sneezed the paper away. :-/ Glad to be on the mend!)

• minnie_tx
    21 years ago

I'm reading from the back of the insert
    Add non toxic oil paints to make a bakable painting and surface medium
    Add dry pignments to create glazes and color washes
    Create stained glass effect suncatchers and window clings
    Use with polymer clays for
    a bakable adhesive
    grout for mosaics
    creating faux enameling
    A translucent glaxzing and polishing medium

Hope that helps

• Lia_SC
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Thanks Minnie!
    I finally found my insert. Yay!

I've tried the LS as glue a couple times now and had good results. Well, I didn't expect otherwise, but just thought I'd report. :-)
    Now I'm anxious to try something a little more challenging!

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living