Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Translucent Liquid Sculpey --did you know this???

Posted by Lia_SC (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 4, 03 at 15:45

They DO have it at Michaels! All this time I've looked and searched and even asked and no dice. Then I find out from the poly clay e group that Michaels keeps it in the kids' area, right by the Faster Plaster! Hah!

I can hardly wait to try it. I've just been too under the weather since I found it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Translucent Liquid Sculpey --did you know this???

Seems like I have seen it there. It has many applications although I haven't used it much. It was one of those "had to have it" things.
Been sick?

o

I found it today at Michael's right where you said it would be. On the lable it says Bakable transfer and color medium and says make transfers from black & white color photos, color laser prints,colored pencil drawings.
I found my box of clays and promise to start doing something soon.

Michael's also had a big bin with books and phamplets reduced to $1 and up

o

Minnie, I didn't know that about the transfers. I bought it mainly so I could attach two clay pieces and rebake, using the LS as a glue. I wasn't sure I wanted to try it with plain old glue.
Of course I want to try some more creative applications, too. Looks like I need to look over the insert that came with it again. I scanned over the Sculpey site but they don't seem to have many projects for it.
I'll be looking for ideas with a more open mind now that I have some.

(Oh, Rosie, thanks for asking; I had a nasty cold --well, aren't they all...? I couldn't do any paper crafts 'cause I would have huffed, and puffed, and sneezed the paper away. :-/ Glad to be on the mend!)

o

I'm reading from the back of the insert
Add non toxic oil paints to make a bakable painting and surface medium
Add dry pignments to create glazes and color washes
Create stained glass effect suncatchers and window clings
Use with polymer clays for
a bakable adhesive
grout for mosaics
creating faux enameling
A translucent glaxzing and polishing medium

Hope that helps

o

Thanks Minnie!
I finally found my insert. Yay!

I've tried the LS as glue a couple times now and had good results. Well, I didn't expect otherwise, but just thought I'd report. :-)
Now I'm anxious to try something a little more challenging!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here