Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kessy56

Does anyone make memory beads with oven clay?

kessy56
12 years ago

I am wanting to learn how to make memory beads by incorporating pieces of flower petals into oven bake clay. I've seen various webpages on this, but my problem is the flower pieces turn brown during baking. A lady here in town makes them but the flower pieces in her beads stay the original color of the flower. She sells her beads so isnt willing to give out info on how she does them. Can anyone help me? I don't want to sell them, I just want to be able to make them for my family and friends as a way to help cheer others after they've lost a loved one. Thanks if you can help!

Comments (2)

• kacram
    12 years ago

have you done a search for "memory beads polymer clay"? You can crush them and add them to the clay, you can try placing them on the bead with liquid polymer clay, or you could decoupage them on to a completed bead. using decoupage or some clear sealer that works with polymer clay.

• Sherri
    8 years ago

The flowers must be dried when you incorporate them into your polymer clay. The bake temp is so low ( 115) they should hold their color as long as they were dried first. Hope this helps.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz