Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosie_ga

Artilogy 2003

rosie_ga
21 years ago

Check out the workshops.......reads like a WHO's Who. Many talented people here.

Here is a link that might be useful: artiology link

Comments (8)

• Lia_SC
    21 years ago

I've been trying to remember where I saw something similar.
    This one's called Art & Soul, and it lists classes and teachers and shows samples of their work. Great inspiration!

Here is a link that might be useful: Art & Soul - A Creative Journey

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

There is also Art Continuum which is in Cleveland in September, and there is something down in Florida in the spring, but I can't remember the name.
    I was at Artiology last year and it was, artistically speaking, the most unforgettable experience I ever had.
    I am so excited to go again this year. It was agonizing trying to choose classes. I had planned on taking Gwen Gibson but her PC Kabuki pendant class (utterly gorgeous) runs two full days, so sadly I decided not to take it. I'd rather get more variety in the short time we have.
    I am taking Keely Barham(beadwork), Michael Jacobs(bookmaking) and Sharilyn Miller(wire work).
    The BEST news is that in the fall(probably October) they are going to have a retreat weekend with KATHLEEN DUSTIN, the queen of PC herself! wooohooo!

• rosie_ga
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Robin Atkins is teaching a class locally in March. Actually several but I'm interested in the beaded doll. Trying to decide if I should sign up........have zero experience in beading or sewing for that matter.
    Are you guys familar with her work?

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

I thought I recognized her name..."One Bead at a Time". Looks like she does some great workshops! Go for it! As close as I am to Philly & Baltimore it is very tough to find bead classes nearby. (That's why I am taking Keely at Artiology while I have a chance!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Robin reviews

• rosie_ga
    Original Author
    21 years ago

I hardly know which end of a bead is up.......I just have the "want to."
    The charge is $65....is that pretty standard?

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

I'm guessing the workshop is a minimum of 3 hrs. or maybe 4? That is a bargain for an artist/teacher of her caliber...run, don't walk to sign up! Around here it's about $15 an hour for a regular craft store class, but often double for a guest teacher of some skill & reputation.

• Lia_SC
    21 years ago

Yes, I think you should go! Then you can come back and teach us! ;-)
    But really, I don't think beading has a whole lot in common with sewing. Easy for me to say, since I'm not accomplished in either. But I think they're both the kind of thing that takes practice. In my limited beading experience --it's fun practice!!

• rosie_ga
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Actually it's $65 for the whole day.........guess that does make it a bargain.