Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clay site

Posted by Rosie_GA (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 02 at 12:49

Wanted to pass this along....it is a huge site for many artists. Great for learing new techniques and inspiration. I keep it minimized on my PC all the time just for a quick look but I can stay here for hours looking.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clay site

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clay site

Good site Rosie- that was new to me!
Here's one I like- especially the rock purse tuts.

[p.s.- you may adopt me as a sister and make cool polyclay faces for me, too, if you wish ;-)]

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Utah P.C. guild tutorials

o

Good site....thanks....I actually made two molds of this little face....email me.....will be glad to send you one.

o

Well now Rosie, I wish you wouldn't have done that! LOL. You're right about spending hours there. If yall need me, that's where I'll be!

o

Sunni and Laurie (turkeymama) are in the yahoo e-group, Polymer Clay People. Haven't been to Laurie's site in a long time!

Here are a couple of others I've been saving to tell you about:
Wanda Shum Designs Her work is so bright and colorful; check out the jewelry first!
and Christel Jensen's Studio and her shop, Little Treasures. She *excels* in miniatures. She's also in the yahoo group. She lives in Norway and uses a different kind of clay, still polymer though.

I've learned a lot from the artists in PCP at yahoo.

Hope you find these inspiring. I know I have tons more links, but I won't throw all of 'em at you at once! ;--)

o

Thanks for the sites.....I really have to be careful or I spend all my time "looking" at craft sites and not DOING any. The funny thing is I used to have to look at magazines or library books to get enthused or inspired. Now I just do a couple of searches and I'm good to go.

o

Rosie, I agree. When I first joined the PCP list (back when it was Polymer Clay Interest) all I did was look. I didn't make anything and in fact, I got discouraged looking at all the talent out there. I took some time off from the group to "grow up" a little. LOL! Now I'm like you, just a quick glance for inspiration... and to see what's possible... :--)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here