Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Your Opinion

Posted by lamb43 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 02 at 11:42

Here I go again with one of my wild ideas! This time I got my inspiration from akaLia.

What do you think about having our own exhibit on the gallery, maybe once a month? I mean, we can't get together in person, but we could still share our work. I was thinking that we could decide on a theme or technique (I have an idea for this, too) and choose a certain day, or week to post our projects. Think about it. Right now lightbulb vessels (or figurines) are attracting our attention, and we've had a good discusion on the new Stamplet art packs. Wouldn't you like to see what the others in our group are doing with them?

Each month we could put our ideas in a 'hat' so to speak, and draw one. Then we could take a couple of weeks to prepare before we posted to the gallery.

So, what do you think? If you're interested, share your thoughts and ideas please.

Lamb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Your Opinion

Sounds like a good idea......except there are some of my "creations" I wouldn't want to show.......LOL

o

I thought about this idea too. Sort of like a monthly "challenge" that you see in the stamping magazines. I personally love challenges and swaps beacuse they help me focus my creative energies. They can get a little scattered, lol! I am a rank amateur in poly clay so I look forward to growing in skills.

Karen

o

I had been thinking along those lines, too! A kind of cyber-swap, so we don't have to actually get anything into the mail, just the gallery. And we only have to make one. :--) Right?
I agree with Karen --I need to stretch and grow and challenges like this are good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here