Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akalia_gw

Translucent PC

akaLia
22 years ago

Just wondering... what's your favorite use for translucent polymer clay? I have an urge to try something new...

Comments (5)

• ArtsyCraftsy
    22 years ago

On Ebay, I got a big block of translucent clay, a tissue blade, some gilding foil, and a "Tantalizing Translucents" poly clay video. I want to go through the video with all the projects, but the one I have the most interest in is the Mokume gane.
    So many ideas, so little time....wish I would just win the lottery so I could spend the rest of my life crafting and taking classes!
    Karen

• rosie_ga
    22 years ago

I love the translucent if only to add to other colors.....Really good with tan and white to make an "old world" item.
    When I get round-to-it (my mantra) I want to make some of the orange, lemon, and lime canes that use the translucent.
    Karen.....when you check out the video, fill us in.

• ArtsyCraftsy
    22 years ago

Rosie- I have already watched the video the whole way through. I am disappointed in the sound quality of the tape (so often the case with these videos for some reason), but as far as the projects go, there are about 6 different projects using a different technique for each.
    It covers:
    Skinner Blend
    Translucent Mokume Gane
    Chopped Crayon
    Sand Jade
    Chameleon Cane
    Illuminated Millefiori
    It is worth the money when you consider it is like taking a private workshop from a pro, plus I got a great deal on my "kit".
    I would like to buy another video, but I am having trouble deciding which one to get! I'm thinking either Ancient Images by Gwen Gibson, Tory Hugh's Mixed media, or Donna Kato's Potpourri of techniques video.

(Is anyone else shocked at how much these videos cost? Yikes!)

Karen

• rosie_ga
    22 years ago

Karen.....I have been wanting Ancient Images too. I need to just break down and order it. I have also seen simulated coral made with orange/red and translucent.
    About the price....it is outrageous. I can get a DVD with Russell Crowe cheaper....haha.

• ArtsyCraftsy
    22 years ago

Well I made my decision. My boss had given me a gift certificate to Amazon and I finally spent it today on my lunch hour. I got the Kato video (they didn't have the other 2) and the book "Polymer Clay : Creating Functional and Decorative Objects" by Jacqueline Gikow.

(Russell? nah! Now if only George Clooney knew how to "clay", he would be the perfect man!)