Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamb43

Update: Lightbulb Snowman Tutorial

lamb43
22 years ago

I appologize for keeping those who asked for this tutorial waiting so long. I've posted a picture of the end result of this project in the gallery, see link below. I'm doing the final editing of the text portion of the project this morning, and will post it as soon as I am done.

Just one quick note: Due to time, and space, I've decided to divide the project into two separate lessons. The one I will post first is the basic lightbulb snowman instructions- prep, baking, and details (face and clothing)

I've written the instructions for creating a 2D scene seperately. This was my first attempt at putting a 'picture' on a snowman's belly, and while I really like it, like the way it turned out, you may not.

The recycled lightbulb snowman is a lot of fun to make, and I hope you'll look it over, maybe even give it a try. I think putting a scene on the snowperson's belly makes it more than just a winter/Christmas craft. I focused mine on spring, and now am thinking of fall, summer, and some holidays. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up with a whole collection of lightbulb snowpeople.

Here's the link (be prepared for a small surprise) and HAVE FUN!

Lamb- the frugal crafter

Here is a link that might be useful:

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!