Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two Ideas

Posted by Rosie_GA (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 02 at 0:05

Just ran across two ideas....thought I'd pass along. Looking at different clay sites and ran across a necklace that had the round piece with the hole in the middle. (oriental looking) It was made by covering a washer with clay. Pretty cool.....

Also saw several cabochon shaped stones that had temporary skin tattoos (butterflies) on them. Really pretty....never thought of that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two Ideas

GMTA Rosie! I've got a pattern ready to try for an oriental coin, but never thought of covering a washer to make it. That would make it really sturdy I would think! My interest in them developed from kimono and fan jewelry (re: shapelets- yeah, I've been playing with them, too!)

I've also checked out Donna Westfall's tutorial (Polymer Clay Central) on applying water tattoo's to polymer clay beads, and just happened to have some temp. tattoo's around... LOL Can't wait to try that!

If anyone else tries these, we could compare/share results. They both sound like fun activities! I'm taking a clay day today (sorely needed a break from packing) so after I get caught up on e-mail and my forums, look out!

LOL

Lamb

o

Can't remember which one of the "galeries" the washers and tattoo's were one.......but am attaching her home site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clay site

o

That *is* a great idea using a washer inside a donut. I have a bunch of those lying around and was thinking just today they're too heavy for earrings so how to use them...? Thanks!

The patriotic pins in my album were made using the inkjet temporary tattoos. I found the project by Lynn Krucke at sculpey.com I liked the crinkly look that happened with baking it, but I wasn't so happy with the way the adhesive oozed out later on. I could wipe it off, but it seemed to just keep coming...

Check out this site for some examples of using the tattoos. (bottom of page) Also, she has a link to a site with some fantastic tiles that make great designs for boxes. Be sure to click on the photos.

o
the link!

o

The tile site is excellent....what pretty designs! Tell me more about the tattoo inkjet paper. Is it as expensive as the photography grade paper? Sooooo much to do and try.

o

inkjet temporary tatoo pin instruction
Lindag
tattooshttp://sculpey.com/Projects/projects_PatFlagPins.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: http://sculpey.com/Projects/projects_PatFlagPins.htm

o

Thanks for the site.............

o

I can't remember the price on the inkjet tattoos... Probably comparable to photo paper... I do want to work with the tattoos some more; maybe correct whatever mistake I made. We found out the stuff does NOT make good body tattoos!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here