Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need help with painting ceramics!

Posted by jennifermarie (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 21, 07 at 15:57

I bought a plain white ceramic dog bowl and painted it with acrylic paint. It looks great, but now I see that it chips easy and I am sure that it shouldn't come into contact with water. Does anyone know of a kind of seal that I could add to the bowl? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need help with painting ceramics!

Hi, If you want to use this bowl the best thing to do is fire the bowl to remove the acrylics as best you can.
Then repaint with food safe glazes.
This will make your bowl water and food safe.
I know this is not what you wanted to see, but it is the best I know of.
hope this helps
BH

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here