Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lia_sc

January PC Polyzine -- Button Swap

Lia_SC
21 years ago

There's info on the PC Polyzine site for January --a big button swap. Basically, you make 35 buttons for each group that you join.. 5 bags with 7 buttons in each bag. Sounds like fun, huh? The swap is closing January 15 and due March 15.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.pcpolyzine.com/

Comments (14)

• roanimare
    21 years ago

Hi Lia -- I'm in it! are you? -- Michele

• Lia_SC
    Original Author
    21 years ago

I am now! But only because you are! :-D

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

I'm in too...2 groups!

Karen

• Lia_SC
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Karen, you are a glutton! LOL LOL! But I'm glad; that means double the chance I'll get one of your buttons. (oh, no! is there a rhyme there???) :-D

• roanimare
    21 years ago

Oh Cool! Glad you are all in. I'm only in one group. I'm in another swap during that time and don't want to spread myself to thin. This should be a lot of fun.

Artsy - 70 buttons! Wow! Are you doing different kinds or all the same or?? -- Michele

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

I think I'll do 2 sets of 35, using a different technique for each set. But really, whether you make a cane or a sheet of clay it is not hard to slice or use a canape cutter to cut out buttons just like little cookies!

• roanimare
    21 years ago

Hi Artsy -- I think they want you to make 5 sets of 7 buttons with each set different per group. I was going to make all the same buttons but she said she wanted different sets of 7. That's how I read her email to me - you may want to check that.

In my question above I meant - were you doing different sets for each group or the same or do two of each or all different. Did I confuse you now? hope not. :0) -- Michele

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

Oh....hmmm?, I have not gotten a return email from her, come to mention it. I better email her again. If she wants every set different it might change things. I figured why would it matter since peeps would only be getting one set of your buttons they would not know if others were the same or not. If she wants a different technique on each small group of 7, then that changes things!

• roanimare
    21 years ago

Hi - I know. That's why I wrote her to ask. I thought I'd make all mine the same too. I asked if all the buttons should be the same. Now after reading her email to me, I'm confused! because it now sounds like they can all be the same or they don't have to be. LOL I've designed 5 different buttons - so I'm going that route. -- Michele

Here's what she wrote me:

Each group of 7 should match, but you don't have to make all the
    groups the same. As long as each group is a matched set, (size, shape
    and pattern) then clay your little heart out.

Kim

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

OK, so you can make all the buttons the same, but you don't have to if you want to try some different techniques. So I am staying with 2 groups. That's 10 set of 7 buttons. All the sets could be the same, or I could do 10 different sets.

Karen

• roanimare
    21 years ago

Hi Karen -- LOL that about sums it up! :0) -- I'm finishing up my buttons tomorrow. I had fun doing them. I know the finish date is in March - but I don't want to be pulling my hair out trying to get them done -- or forget to do them altogether!

Have fun making buttons! -- Michele

• roanimare
    21 years ago

How are you all coming with your buttons!! I'm finished and need to package them up and send them out. Can't wait to see everyones.

My next swap is an Altoid tin swap. I need to get going on that. It will be more difficult than the buttons but at least I only need to make 5. Anyone else in this swap?? -- Michele

• ArtsyCraftsy
    21 years ago

Go ahead, make us look bad, Michele ;-)!
    Is that tin swap the one on PCC? I missed the sign-up deadline but it still says open..does that mean you can join late? I am very tempted but I have a few other things going right now........

• roanimare
    21 years ago

Hi Karen - I got so into making the buttons once I got my ideas - I couldn't stop! LOL -- Yes, it is a PCC individual's tin swap. I don't think she is accepting any more swappers - but you could write her. They don't update the swap page as quickly sometimes when swaps are "closed". They are due March 1st and I haven't started any. I think they will be harder than the buttons so that's why I did those first. -- Michele

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths