Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Story Cane Desk Set

Posted by lamb43 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 02 at 1:59

This is the Valentine gift I made for DH. I made this from one 'story cane', reduced and combined in different ways. DH likes it, it matches the decor of his office (SouthWestern style) What I would like to know is, would you call this an artifact? I wanted it to look like something one might find in a hundreds of years old kiva. No glaze or finish, just sanded and buffed smooth.

Image link: Story Cane Desk Set (15 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Story Cane Desk Set

These pieces are gogeous, lamb, with the wonderful south western colors! Wish I could see the cane details... Why is it called a story cane?
Your turtles are great and mum's the word about the Sneak Peek! ;--)
Don't I wish we could all have an in-person Show n Tell!

o

LOL Wouldn't you know it? I have searched and searched for the URL that had the story cane instructions, and what they represent, and I'll be darned if I can find it. I did find a story cane by Maureen Carlson on HGTV. I don't know what I would do without Carol Duvall. Anyway, Maureen's cane is different, but quite close. I know I got mine from an Indian Healer (a midwife) and the story behind the cane is as beautiful.Wish I could have shared it with you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Story Cane

o

My home is southwestern.....these are really good looking. I will have to read about the story canes.

o

Aha! Now that I see the hgtv site I remember! LOL! Millefiore with story. Haha! :--D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clay and Ceramics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here