Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree is "done"

Posted by party_music50 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 15, 13 at 23:58

I know I have several packets of broad tinsel in both gold and silver, but I could only find one, so I guess I'll call the tree done... at least for now. :p

This a little closer so you can see a few of my favorite ornaments. :)

Does anyone else have one of these old-fashioned candle chimes?! I got this when I was a kid!

And I made some matching bows for my window, but literally only had about 5 minutes to quickly tie them up today. oh well, it's how I decorate. lol!

The fireworks were beautiful tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree is "done"

The addition of the red bows to the windows really picks up the pillows wonderfully.

Loved seeing the close-up of your tree and favorite ornaments. Pretty tree, and those big 'stuffies' are adorable!! I also really like the Santa on top of the tree.

Good job and glad you're done, now enjoy!
hugs, Karen

o

Thanks, PM! I'm late and behind in my decorating for a variety of reasons... there's still much to do but I'm doing it very slowly. :O)

Those bows just didn't want to get made! The fabric was too soft so I went out and found fusible interfacing to stiffen them. Unfortunately, the fusible interfacing REFUSED to fuse! I forged ahead and just sewed it in... until my sewing machine decided to stop working. I took my sewing machine apart for the first time to clean and 'service' it, and then I couldn't get all those little tiny pieces back together! I spent about 4 hours yesterday morning (that I didn't have) before I finally got it. lol! The bows are really quite beautiful -- it's just that we had a snowstorm on Sat and Sun and I was busy moving snow and trying to get ready for the village xmas celebration last night, so I just slapped them up and snapped the pic. lol!

The santa tree-topper was another of my BF's picks. When he sees something he likes he always lets me know. I was hoping the big stuffed animals would look cute under the tree with hats on. :)

Here's another table runner I made.... I haven't yet wrapped all the tiny presents to put in my santa sleigh for a CP, so just have the fruit compote for now. And you can see some of the 9 containers of ornaments I still want to use somewhere. :p

o

Party, beautiful tree. So rich looking with all the ribbon and garland! In the second picture, the top left ornament reminds me of some DM use to hang on her tree years ago. Also the two that stair step down from it. Are they old? My DSis has all of DM's ornaments like that.

Oh btw, your rock wall is wonderful. Do you have a fireplace on that wall? Your angel candle holder is sweet. Love them. I chuckled as I read about your bows. So worth the effort tho. They really add to the deck decor.

Your table runner is so pretty. Will look great with the sleigh and presents.

TFS, Punk

o

Love all your vintage ornaments! The ribbon on your tree looks great, and i like how you coordinated your porch decor!

-SD

o

Don't know how I missed this post, party!

Your tree is absolutely full & beautiful! I love the vintage ornaments ... & your tinsel looks just fine! Cute animals under the tree with the Santa hats.

Yes, I have one of those candle chimes ... for many, many yrs now & then I saw an old box @a church rummage sale & bought it, too..another old set & more heavy duty than mine. It's up this year!

Your poch is gorgeous...I've seen that before w/the red velvet cushions you made ...the bows just add to it all ...the red & white & snow. Very cool!

Looks like you're ready for the festivities! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Your decorations are awesome.

o

PM...your Tree is Beautiful! What a fabulous job
with the ribbon.. The tinsel and Vintage ornaments are so nostalgic...I see some that I still have. Love seeing your Swedish Angel Chimes from when you were a kid. I remember when I first saw them, I was working in the City and they were a 'new rage selling for only $2. I bought several to give as gifts and they were a big hit. It's nice to see them still being enjoyed.
Your porch looks very pretty. Whew..those bows were lots of work, but well worth it.. They add a nice touch along with the garland to your windows.
Yep...I agree, looks like you're all ready for the big day!
TFS
jane

o

Punk, those are some of my old favorite ornaments from my parents. They must be at least 40 years old... maybe even older. My BF and I collected the musical instrument ornaments long ago... we both play classical piano and he also plays classical guitar, so they seemed right. He hung that collection of ornaments on the tree this year so I'm not even sure where he put everything, or even if he got it all up. lol!

Everyone who sees it loves that wall! I love the little windows. :) Gives it a sort of "ship's feel" to me. There was a wood stove on that wall, but I had it removed.

I got smart with that tablerunner and made it reversible. The other side is perfect for autumn/Thanksgiving. :o)

SD, Thanks!

Jeanne, when nobody posted I thought it must look awful. :( Maybe it does look bad and you're all being nice. I asked my BF last night and he said he likes it this year because it's simple and I didn't spend a lot of time messing with it. I never did find that other tinsel and feel bad that I didn't decorate my windows on the inside or get out much more decor. :(

I love that porch now.... you should have seen it before. :p And the snow has been PLENTIFUL here this year, but I'm happy to say we're in a rain/thaw period now which is great! It was much too deep for mid-December and I was even having to shovel the porch on a nearly daily basis. :p

Heather_on, thank you! We're always glad to have new people join in. :)

Jane, thank you! I think my grandmother gave me those candle chimes when I was a kid.... I haven't lit them in years, but I hope I remember to light them tonight!

I've been busy getting ready for a party I'm hosting later today. I wrapped packets of my fun/easy/different garden seeds so they look like presents and they'll go into my sleigh to be given as little gifts to everyone at the party. Otherwise my holiday decorating has ceased so that I could spend my effort on setting up and baking and cooking. It's a cocktail/apps party and I'm trying to change traffic flow this year by removing chairs from one side of DR table. lol! I'll try to remember to take photos! so far the food and baked goods look & smell fabulous. :)

Thanks, everyone, for the nice replies. :)
Happy Holidays!

o

PM
Your tree is beautiful. We used to hang tinsel "icicles" on our tree too.
They had to be hung one by one
Your porch looks like a picture in a magazine.
Hope you have a fun party.
Nana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here