Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
one more tonight

Posted by purplemoon (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 23:54

I have a vintage table in the back hall under my late parents' portraits, and I like to decorate 'for them'
during the holidays. My Dad LOVED red.

Photobucket

I got a coffee table for the family-room a couple of months ago, so another place to now decorate.

Photobucket

The vintage teacart in the family-room is a favorite piece of mine. I found this purple arrangement in a thrift shop for $4. So I hung the wonderful wood tray, hand-painted with a purple elf by dear sweet Punk, above it.
The Santa in the purple pj's, LOL, is a TCU Santa. One of my granddaughter's is now a freshman in Houston at TCU and their school colors are purple. I love that of course. I set up my tiny Santa "village" on a tray on the teacart. They are Le Maxx pieces I think.

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's all for now.
hugs, Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: one more tonight

Wow, you've been busy! Your Mom & Dad's portraits are so beautiful ...I'm glad you've decorated there in 'red' for your Dad! It looks very good & I think that's you w/Santa in the framed pic, right.

I see you've put some of your precious collection on the coffee table & it looks so elegant there...love it!...that rich velvety runner is perfect for it!

& your Santa village on the tea cart makes me smile ... esp that a Holiday friend painted the tray for you! Everything looks great, PM...now rest up ...you'll need it! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Yes, that is me sitting on Santa's lap...last Christmas. While shopping with my BFF, and seeing him in an antique store, I made the mistake of telling her that my Dad could never talk me into sitting on Santa's lap. I was waaaaay too shy. So she immediately decided I HAD to get my picture taken with Santa "for my Dad".

(\ /)
( . .)
c(")(")

o

So cute! Really love the purple ornament arrangement.

o

Karen, all your beautiful decorations made me smile this morning.Yeah! Your hall table decor in red for your dad is so pretty. Your picture w/santa is a nice touch. Yes we know you've been a good girl again this year.lol I always enjoy seeing all your nutcrackers. That sleigh on the bottom shelf is gorgeous.

Your coffee table arrangement on that pretty runner is wonderful. Love how you made a bird bath for all the little birds. Those pieces are so pretty.

Great find on your silver arrangement w/purple balls. I would of bought that too. The TCU santa is perfect beside it. Hanging the tray above them really tied this together. Wonderful job putting your tray together! I love Santa and the reindeer and that little elf riding one is so stinkin' cute.

Enjoyed your decor this morning. You always do a Beautiful job. Hope you feel like doing more today so I can enjoy it after work.LOL

Punk

o

Having a cup of coffee and making the rounds of all your posts this morning - I so love seeing all your vignettes in each room and the way your honor your parents and all. To me that is what Christmas is all about - TFS .....

Lynne

o

Looking at all you've done has made my day, Karen.
It has helped motivate me to tackle all of the bins waiting for me in my living room.
Luckily, I'm the only one who will trip over them today.
My son was good enough to haul most of them up from the basement. He likes to help set up the village.
that is a BIG help cuz it takes forever.
Nana

o

You're back - and with a vengeance! All three arrangement are super. REALLY!

Of course, you can't beat the first one for warming a person's heart. Love the fact that you still have a picture of yourself on Santa's lap. I do too. And I bring it out every year.

Your granddaughter's college colors are purple and white? How cool is that!
Well, the decorations for her graduation should be no problem.

Merry Christmas, OA

o

OA....I don't "still" have a photo of me on Santa's lap, that was taken LAST year when my BFF made me get one. She said my Dad should know I finally sat on Santa's lap. Even
tho I'm 65 instead of 5. LOL. (just wish I'd done it before I lost him tho.)

Thanks, Everyone, for all the sweet comments. Makes me feel good... and the Christmas Blues seem to be pretty much over now.

hugs, Karen

o

What a lovely tribute, Karen!

o

Love your table that you decorated for your parents Karen....sweet nutcrackers. Your Santa dressed in purple is very nice and the tray from Punk is cute as can be! You always have the nicest vignettes!

o

Karen,

How very special of you to give your parents a place of honor.

Love all your other decorations, too.

TFS,
GGail

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here