Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

one more tonight

Purplemoon
11 years ago

I have a vintage table in the back hall under my late parents' portraits, and I like to decorate 'for them'
during the holidays. My Dad LOVED red.

{{gwi:1467059}}

I got a coffee table for the family-room a couple of months ago, so another place to now decorate.

{{gwi:1467060}}

The vintage teacart in the family-room is a favorite piece of mine. I found this purple arrangement in a thrift shop for $4. So I hung the wonderful wood tray, hand-painted with a purple elf by dear sweet Punk, above it.
The Santa in the purple pj's, LOL, is a TCU Santa. One of my granddaughter's is now a freshman in Houston at TCU and their school colors are purple. I love that of course. I set up my tiny Santa "village" on a tray on the teacart. They are Le Maxx pieces I think.

{{gwi:1467061}}

{{gwi:1467062}}

That's all for now.
hugs, Karen

Comments (11)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Wow, you've been busy! Your Mom & Dad's portraits are so beautiful ...I'm glad you've decorated there in 'red' for your Dad! It looks very good & I think that's you w/Santa in the framed pic, right.

I see you've put some of your precious collection on the coffee table & it looks so elegant there...love it!...that rich velvety runner is perfect for it!

& your Santa village on the tea cart makes me smile ... esp that a Holiday friend painted the tray for you! Everything looks great, PM...now rest up ...you'll need it! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, that is me sitting on Santa's lap...last Christmas. While shopping with my BFF, and seeing him in an antique store, I made the mistake of telling her that my Dad could never talk me into sitting on Santa's lap. I was waaaaay too shy. So she immediately decided I HAD to get my picture taken with Santa "for my Dad".

(\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(")(")

• rafor
    11 years ago

So cute! Really love the purple ornament arrangement.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Karen, all your beautiful decorations made me smile this morning.Yeah! Your hall table decor in red for your dad is so pretty. Your picture w/santa is a nice touch. Yes we know you've been a good girl again this year.lol I always enjoy seeing all your nutcrackers. That sleigh on the bottom shelf is gorgeous.

Your coffee table arrangement on that pretty runner is wonderful. Love how you made a bird bath for all the little birds. Those pieces are so pretty.

Great find on your silver arrangement w/purple balls. I would of bought that too. The TCU santa is perfect beside it. Hanging the tray above them really tied this together. Wonderful job putting your tray together! I love Santa and the reindeer and that little elf riding one is so stinkin' cute.

Enjoyed your decor this morning. You always do a Beautiful job. Hope you feel like doing more today so I can enjoy it after work.LOL

Punk

• lynnencfan
    11 years ago

Having a cup of coffee and making the rounds of all your posts this morning - I so love seeing all your vignettes in each room and the way your honor your parents and all. To me that is what Christmas is all about - TFS .....

Lynne

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Looking at all you've done has made my day, Karen.
    It has helped motivate me to tackle all of the bins waiting for me in my living room.
    Luckily, I'm the only one who will trip over them today.
    My son was good enough to haul most of them up from the basement. He likes to help set up the village.
    that is a BIG help cuz it takes forever.
    Nana

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

You're back - and with a vengeance! All three arrangement are super. REALLY!

Of course, you can't beat the first one for warming a person's heart. Love the fact that you still have a picture of yourself on Santa's lap. I do too. And I bring it out every year.

Your granddaughter's college colors are purple and white? How cool is that!
    Well, the decorations for her graduation should be no problem.

Merry Christmas, OA

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OA....I don't "still" have a photo of me on Santa's lap, that was taken LAST year when my BFF made me get one. She said my Dad should know I finally sat on Santa's lap. Even
    tho I'm 65 instead of 5. LOL. (just wish I'd done it before I lost him tho.)

Thanks, Everyone, for all the sweet comments. Makes me feel good... and the Christmas Blues seem to be pretty much over now.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

What a lovely tribute, Karen!

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Love your table that you decorated for your parents Karen....sweet nutcrackers. Your Santa dressed in purple is very nice and the tray from Punk is cute as can be! You always have the nicest vignettes!

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

Karen,

How very special of you to give your parents a place of honor.

Love all your other decorations, too.

TFS,
    GGail

Sponsored
More Discussions