Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

my new Nutcrackers!

Purplemoon
14 years ago

The purple Nutcracker and 3 tiny ones were gifts from a dear friend and his family. Another early Christmas preent. The Nutcracker in the middle is a unique hand-carved wood one I found on eBay. The Cop is an 09 Target Ltd Ed. I also have another cop one, and a fireman, from other years.

{{gwi:1467052}}

My collection is really growing this year!

hugs, Karen

Comments (13)

• yachter123
    14 years ago

Very nice, yes your collection is growing like your ponies & dogs, what will you do with more??? LOL

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Karen,

TFS your new Nutcrackers. How sweet your DF added to your collection for you. The large purple one is pretty fancy. The 3 little ones are to stinkin' cute. The carved one you brought on EBay is neat and the Cop is great. I'm sure DS will want that one in time.

You are making me like them more and more. Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yacht...I guess buy a bigger house. Then deal with the divorce and my kids disowning me. LOL.

Punk, its funny but all these years, one thing I NEVER liked was Nutcrackers!! But last year, after getting a couple, I suddenly got hooked. And now I really love them!
    Maybe getting older makes me like men with big ol' false teeth, white hair, and droopy eyes! Who knows. (I have always loved a mustache tho. LOL)

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    14 years ago

Karen...you've got the right friends who know what you like. My favorite is that Purple Guy. Very striking.
    Those little ones are really cute too.

There was an elderly couple on the news today, and they were talking about the wife's Nutcracker collection >>>
    600 of them!
    Don't know if you're there yet or maybe have passed that amount..but the husband, was saying that she has so many that he never knows if he's going to wake up with one in bed with him, cause they're all over the house!! I thought that was cute, and also thought of you.

I just wanted to thank you for all those wonderful PB pictures that you've put together. I've been really enjoying them.
    I think it's amazing how you put them together, AND managed to do all your beautiful decorating.
    Your collections are unbelievable.
    I see a 'Smile' in everything you do.
    I can't get over how many collections you own, and your displays don't look cluttered.
    You did so much work in such a short time...You're a real 'Wonder Woman'!!

Thanks..

jane

• oldalgebra
    14 years ago

I love nutcrackers. I've always wanted a couple of really giant ones to put outside.

• jaybird
    14 years ago

That purple fellow is quite handsome!!! I expect to have to salute at any moment! You are doing very well with that collection.

OA, here is the solution for your outdoor nutcrackers. They really turn out cute!

Here is a link that might be useful: make your own

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Karen, isn't it fun how quickly a collection grows when friends find out you like something? You are really getting lots of neat nutcrackers. I've been seeing allot of them in the stores this year, and many on the blogs as well, so you are sure not alone in your love of them.

Your description of them really had me laughing. Oops! maybe that's because I can totally relate to your "getting older" comment! LOL

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jaybird, I had a similar photo saved in one of the GJ inspiration albums of somoe cute pot Nutcrackers for outside. Just 5 pots each and some paint.

hugs, Karen

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Your nutcrackers are very cute Karen but I'm resisting any more collections so I-will-not-even-think-about-getting-attached-to-the-idea-of-ever-owning-more-than-the-one-nutcracker-I-now-have!!! LOL

I really should have bought a bunch of them when we lived in Germany many decades ago. I bot one for my DF and when they downsized I got it back. So I have one and one will have to be enough! Unless.... I see some really nice ones in a yard sale or thrift shop I can't live without and they are very, very inexpensive. But I'm not looking... nope, not looking for them... not at all...

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

purplemoon...these new ones are so cute! I like that they come in various sizes! I am with luckygal...I will not buy anymore than the one I already have, I will not.... (repeat 3 times more!) ...

Have to admit...every time I've been out Christmas shopping, I've come across some "good deals" on nutcrackers...and like you, they really never appealed to me! Now, all of a sudden!!! Eh gads, nutcrackers anonymous,here I come!

My one sits under the tree by Santa & Mrs. Claus & guess the "Teddy Bear basement player" is a nutcracker also...so.ooo, ok, I've collected 2 over the yrs. "I will not buy anymore..(repeat 3 times)! LOL! You go, girl! Jeanne S.

Here's a pic from last yr... this nutcracker winds up & plays music & his arms "march" up & down with a bell in one hand & toy drum in other...his head turns also at the same time...plays "Santa Claus is coming to town." He was a way, way clearance at HLobby some yrs. back!

• prosperity66
    14 years ago

I love the purple nutcracker! It's a beautiful piece of decoration!

• bettyd_z7_va
    14 years ago

Karen,

I LOVE the reason you suddenly love nutcrackers!! You had me rollong laughing! I needed a good laugh today. Thanks!

How sweet of your DF. The purple one is quite regal looking. They knew your color didn't they? I really like the unique handcarved one you found. And you know I love the cop one since I've been there and done that!!

Betty

• kathleen_li
    14 years ago

Hi Karen,
    Yes, your collection is growing..And I am glad you are getting so much enjoyment from them..You can always add on a NUT cracker room! :)

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH
More Discussions